There are few absolutes that every BMX rider needs. Among all the necessary kinds of stuff like BMX Helmets etc, BMX shoes are one of the high demands. As one cannot ride a bike while wearing daily casual shoes or in sandals/flip flops. Hence, for a faster and smoother ride, one needs high-quality best BMX shoes for riding, racing, and dirt jumping that strictly adhered to your pedals.
Trust us, picking good BMX shoes from top BMX shoe brands that makes your feet comfortable and comfy for riding all day long. Similarly, you need to have your long-lasting shoes and match your high-quality BMX bike.
Want to know more about the benefits of wearing good BMX shoes?
- They enhance your self-confidence. You hear me right; the relationship between your shoes and confidence is unmatchable. You are so wearing your Best BMX shoes while riding can boost your energy for longer and help you try the new BMX tricks or stunts that looked hard.
- You get influence by your favourite pro BMX rider. To be like them, you must initiate with their footsteps. Putting on the best BMX shoes from different BMX shoe brands will be an excellent start for this long journey.
- To choose the best shoes for BMX will be your best investment that motivates you to keep you on the right track.
Are you still confused on picking up your first best BMX shoes? Or are you interested in getting an expert opinion about what are the best BMX shoes of top BMX shoe brands?
Don’t worry; we are here to help you out:
Let’s dig into the best BMX shoes 2021 collection that holds all the essential essence to satisfy your craving. These are the best shoes to ride BMX Bike that are always available and high in demand.
TOP 10 BEST BMX SHOES
1. DC Men’s Pure Action Shoes – best bmx shoes for racing
If you are looking for one BMX shoe brands that cover all the requirements for being one of the best BMX shoes, then it must be DC Shoes, due to the high quality and comfortable features, this DC shoes Men’s Shoes Pure has made its way to our list of best BMX shoes. Specially made for your BMX pedal and padding, they have a sleek and straightforward design.
These are the highlighted features of this fantastic classic beauty:
- Upper leather Durability: the durability will ensure you enjoy your BMX bike ride for a longer time. Investing in these BMX shoes won’t stress you to head to the market.
- Rubber Sole: This feature gives excellent flexibility and grip while riding BMX bikes.
- Ample padding: the ample padding always give you a guarantee of comfort. Regardless of the distance, you might cover your BMX bike.
- Breathable mesh lining for air circulation all around the foot
- The rubber outsole is abrasion resistance, a sign of durability.
- Suede upper for easier maintenance
- Foam padded collar and tongue to help improve on support and comfort
- Available in a multi-colour. Giving one choice to choose the shoes on their personal preference
- Received few complaints regarding pressure on the top of the foot. However, thick socks or loosening laces can avoid this issue.
- You might find the size a little bit misleading by putting an exact measurement of your foot to avoid the mess.
2. Five Ten Women’s Freerider Bike Shoe – best bmx shoes for brakeless
The next top BMX shoe brand on our best BMX shoe list is Five Ten. They have their fantastic range of BMX sneakers and footwear for BMX bike racing, wing-suit flying, rock climbing, kayaking, and so on.
But today we will focus on Five Ten Women’s Freerider Bike shoes; this high-friction designed is solely based on bringing comfort to your foot for riding BMX bikes.
Hence, the moment you fit your foot into these BMX shoes, you will feel the difference. Wearing them brings joy and comfort at the same time. The combination of these sturdy constructions comprises polyester mesh and suede leather. Moreover, the outsole has a durable rubber that holds deep patterns that help you control your BMX bike pedals while ridingBMX. Additionally, with shock absorption at outsole and soft cushioning features enable you to protect your feet
- Suede leather
- Rubber sole
- Cushioning properties
- Breathable mesh lining
- Polyester mesh
- Excellent shock absorption
- Nubuck and mesh upper
- BMX-inspired shoe
- You might find the size a little bit misleading, however, by putting an exact measurement of your foot to avoid the mess.
- Also, a few complaints regarding pressure on the top of the foot: however, thick socks or loosening laces can avoid this issue.
3. Shimano SH-AM500 – best bmx shoes for racing
Shimano Brand finally made its way to our first list through Shimano SH-AM500 Cycling Shoes. This brand has a fantastic variety of the best BMX shoes or sneakers you ever viewed. Hence, one can roll over their eyes by exploring their unique styles and designs. Having the most incredible design helps you having full control of your bike.
They have the most durable feature, along with sturdy synthetic leather. This feature enables those to walk into your shoes for a more extended period. Additionally, when it comes to the outsole, they have rubber to maximize the protection of shoes and feet. For an amazingly fast and smooth ride, the outsole has deeper threads. This outsole also holds” grip-ability” by having the enhanced shank plates and stiff glass reinforcement.
These BMX sneaker shoes have a fully padded tongue that makes your feet more fully comfortable. Plus, on the upper-front section, holds the hook and loops straps that are secured with laces will protect and support your foot from getting caught in your bike chain.
- Tough synthetic leather
- Asymmetric mid-top design
- Hook and loop single strap design
- Rubber outsole for foot protection
- Padded tongue to increase comfort
- Rubber sole for ultra-grip
- Black color gets hot in the summer sun.
4. DC Men’s Spartan High WC SE – best bmx shoes for racing
Once again, we have DC shoes in this list, but this time its Men’s Spartan HI WC SE Sneaker shoe. These are the best shoes for BMX riding who always want high-quality BMX shoes at a reasonable price. This shoe has an impressive design that has a performance-driven retro profile. This elevated ankle design has exceptional traction, sufficient padding, and plenty of ventilation that makes these shoes a darling option.
Particularly this DC shoe has a resilient and soft upper section that is made up of high-quality canvas, leather, and nubuck. Manufacturers finely join these materials to make these shoes more durable. The outsole has a gum rubber feature with “Pill” thread patterns that will enhance the ultimate traction. Having a cushioned footbed makes you feel more comfortable even on long rides. A fully padded cover, along with a lightweight mesh tongue, will make your foot comfier. You can also say that this is one of the best cheap BMX shoes for riders.
- Shaft measures about 4.5-inch from arch
- Rubber sole
- Padded cushioned cover
- Adjustable circumference
- Some complaints on design have been marked that include Narrow shoes at the front side and can easily slide off from the back.
5. Exustar E-SB740: – Best bmx shoes for dirt jumping
Last but not least, brand Exustar finally made its way to our list. For all those riders who want stability on BMX pedals while riding the bike, Exustar E-SB740 BMX Shoe can be the best option for dirt jumping. So good news for all the adventure folks, these shoes have proven the reliability and durability test, especially while performing demanding BMX tricks. Hence you can wear them with confidence and enjoy your BMX ride, perform tricks, and impress people.
These are the highlighted features for these good bmx shoes:
- Suede leather enhances the durability of the shoe, along with it, makes you more efficient.
- Ankle protection with PU upper safety feature ensures that your ankle is safe, especially during fall or any other mishap while pedaling.
- Breathable Nylon Mesh helps during long rides while ensuring the circulation of air around the feet.
- Lightweight enables you to pedal for a longer time.
- Washable EVA insole maintain the cleanliness
- Robust and sturdy make, ideal for men that love extended rides on their bikes
- A perfect blend of strap fasteners and lades to provide an outstanding grip to your feet
- Rubber soles for better management
- Flexible enough and can fit into several feet, shapes, and sizes.
- The suede is quite too thin. However, this is a feature that can be compensated with the provided substantial cushioning on the other parts of shoes
- There are no color options available for this design, but one can keep them as black, which is always appealing and universal.
Adidas has already been recognized as an outclass brand when it comes to sports shoes. Hence, Adidas original Men’s Seeley sneakers are one of their masterpiece collection. When it comes to design, one can have a sleek combination of sneakers with the heritage soccer look in them. Furthermore, the blending combination of soccer and skate brings comfort and long-lasting, relaxing experience. Hence, due to the abrasion-resistant quality at the top, you can easily stand up for a long time, and with the high grip on console sticks, you can have great controls over your foot.
- Textile texture at the top
- It is lightly padded to bring extra protection to the ankle.
- On the upper side, it has 3-Stripes synthetic leather.
- Pivot-point vulcanized rubber outsole
- High quality Imported design.
- Multi-colour that includes: Core Black, Cloud White, and Gum
- Few complaints regarding shoe quality as people feel the shoes fell apart within weeks
- You might find these shoes as creaseable ones, which is somehow a disappointment.
The classic collection of Etnies Fader inspires these Etnies Kingpin Men’s trainers. Moreover, these trainers have been designed for people to use them more specifically as skateboard shoes. Without neglecting the quality, one can get the inspiration from the classical 2000’s skate shoe silhouette in these Kingpin trainers. You will have a good quality combination of Synthetic and Suede upper cover, covered with nubuck and heavy pad, and a sole that has a durable rubber sole. For the more substantial grip, one can fasten these shoes with lace. Furthermore, there is a good quality textile lining and internal EVA midsole and STI foam as a cushioned footbed.
- Reinforced double stitching with nubuck upper
- Tongue and collar are padded heavily
- Soft textile lined interior
- For comfort, Cushioned footbed
- Constructed as cupsole for impact support
- The multi-tread pattern for grip
- Stitched 400 NBS rubber outsole
- Internal EVA as the midsole.
- Imported design and high quality
- Unisex US shoe size
- Low-profile design.
- There is a complaint of tightness and discomfort at the upper toe referred by the skaters having wide feet.
- The durability of the shoes is relatively low, especially during high-wear areas.
- The quality of the shoes might affect due to high-intensity performance.
The company, Globe, is renowned for its high-quality collection of skate sneakers. Among different skate shoe collections, Globe Men’s Motley Mid Skate shoes are there most demand options. The minimal design of these shoes is quite fascinating. Moreover, padded collar and tongue bring the remarkable quality of comfort and durability the skaters prefer to wear them on or off the skate. This enables the skaters to use them to perform numerous activities. The pair of these classic shoes comes with a combination of silhouette and durable suede upper cover. To have a good grip, one can lace-up these breathable wear. Seamless toes, along with textile lining, add more durability. High-quality support and the budget-friendly price will always make these shoes as a top choice for the skaters.
- High quality imported design.
- For strong grip performance, a rubber outsole along with a herringbone pattern is used.
- Vulcanized construction to improvise the broader feel
- Shaft measurement that brings mid-top from the arch
- Mid-cut skate shoe
- These shoes are most reliable for small runs, as suggested by different customers.
- The laces’ length might be small, as reviewed by average shoppers.
- The brand can improvise the quality of arch support through in-depth research.
The Osiris shoes were established in early 1996 and in less time it gains immense fame in skate footwear. The Osiris has hugely exploded with fame in the skateboarding through innovation and influential design. Moreover, all the designs of these brands have tested through diversifying teams of experts and professional skateboarders such as Clint Peterson, Corey Duffel, Caswell Berry, John Rattray, and Diego Bucchieri, etc. resulting in the durable and creative footwear. This helps the Osiris brand to stand out as the most respected brand globally. One of their top-notch product is Osiris Men’s Protocol skate shoes. These skate shoes never disappoint the highest standard of quality and function. Men’s Protocol shoes stay primed during the ride with a clean profile and durable upper cover. As the upper side is made up of faux-leather along with reinforced abrasion, hence, these shoes hold stable high quality. These shoes have a padded collar and tongue to maintain adequate support and comfort. Also, shoes have the laces for a long-lasting fit and sleek grip. Shoes covered with full latex and duel density blown PU RX insole add more durability. The VLKN cupsole construction has featured an EVA drop-in midsole to bring high support and comfort to your foot. The rubber outsole enhances good performance and durability.
- Made up with 100% synthetic material
- High quality imported design.
- Lightweight padded collar and tongue to add support and comfort.
- Abrasion areas to bring high durability
- Faux- Nubuck upper
- PU RX insole and VLKN cupsole
- EVA drop-in midsole
- Iconic style and sleek grip to enhance high performance
- There is an issue being complained by many wearers regarding Protocol as it fits too snug more specifically in the toe areas making it uncomfortable.
- There is a durability issue after month or two-faced by handful wearers.
- After regular usage, the sole might fall off unglued that seams were frying and ripping.
Vans classic old skool skate shoes turn to be the first classic silhouette that pushes the boundaries of unimaginable distorted DIY along with cut-and-paste treatment. They are those shoes that bare the iconic side stripe of Vans and has round toe along with low-top lace-up for a firm grip. These Old skool shoes give a good blend of classic skate and canvas design. To enhance the support and comfort to another level, high-quality padded tongue, collar, smooth lining, and insole cushioning has been used in these shoes. The synthetic sole and signature waffle outsole increase the durability of them.
- Canvas style skate shoes
- Good quality synthetic sole
- High-quality material and shaft measurement of 2″ from arch to improve performance
- Metal lace eyelets for a firmer grip
- Standardized rubber waffle outsole for long-lasting durability
- Classic signature logo at the sides
- Some wearers complain about shoe quality as they feel the shoes bring discomfort when worn for a longer time.
- The performance of these shoes is relatively low during high-wear training sessions.
Comparison Table of Best BMX Shoes
The Best BMX Shoe Brands:
Here is our list of good BMX shoe Brands, sorted based on material, outsole, weight, and padding. These are the top BMX brands for BMX shoes, dirt jumping, and racing BMX Bike;
- DC Shoes
- Five Ten
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. How can one differentiate between BMX shoes and conventional sport shoes?
Typically, BMX shoes are made to enhance your cycling experience. Improving cycling includes long rides, perform tricks, etc. Thus, you might require additional features such as non-slid and more traction. Regardless of conventional shoes, BMX shoes need sturdy outsole so that you can paddle for long-distance.
Q2. How can one improve the connection between pedal and BMX shoes?
Having shoes with a good quality stiff outsole with deeper strong treading can manage to stand with the non-slippery sole. This way, your pedaling can be improvised.
Q3. Can the pair of trainers be a substitute for BMX shoes?
For shorter casual routines, you can substitute your trainer pairs with BMX shoes. However, you might face difficulties and become uncomfortable if you use them during longer rides. So while choosing a long-distance, make sure you have good quality BMX shoes. These shoes will give you protection and save your feet from any significant injury.
We know, investing in good BMX shoes could upset your budget, and sometimes these hundred dollar shoes directly affect your affordability. However, wearing good BMX shoes is critically essential. So, trust us buying the best BMX shoes can be a significant saving. You can rely on them for many years and use them for longer rides. Our top BMX shoe list has carefully picked up the shoes that have a durable, sturdy design. You will have the feel of comfort-ability and protection for your feet.
We have the shoe combination for our beginner to advance level riders by keeping the price reasonable and without surpassing the quality. So everyone can enjoy the hustle free comfortable ride for a longer time. Bookmark this list, scroll them, and spot your favorite shoe anytime, anywhere you want. To see the difference in your before and after ride shop it as your topmost priority.
You may also interested in:
- Best BMX Bike Brands 2021
- Best BMX Bikes 2021
- Best BMX Pedals (& Brands) 2021
- Best BMX Cranks ( & Brands ) 2021
- Best BMX Grips 2021
- Best BMX Brakes 2021
Hi, I’m Mike, working as a content strategist at BMX Brand Guide. I’m in love with BMX since childhood when my parents bought me a bicycle. Since then, I have been exploring them and is a first-hand witness of how BMX has evolved. I have been sharing my expertise and knowledge with the public through this site.