The saddle, or the seat as generally called, has multiple facets to it. To ride a BMX , a rider does not only need a comfy seat to drive; several other factors ought to be considered.
At an overview, the best BMX bike is the one which is extremely durable, comfortable, has attached bumpers to prevent impacts, has appropriate width, and is made up of padded. A poor-quality, rough, and stiff BMX seat can prove extremely inconvenient for the rider to make long and bumpy rides.
It is quite challenging to select the best possible BMX saddle while keeping all the specks under consideration. That is why this article will cover only three of the best-chosen BMX seats along with their buyer’s guide and frequently asked questions to help you shop the first-class product.
You may also interested in:
- Best BMX Pedals (& Brands) 2020
- Best BMX Cranks ( & Brands ) 2020
- Best BMX Grips 2020
- Best BMX Brakes (& Brands) 2020
After a thorough review, the top 3 best BMX seats are:
3 Best BMX Seats of 2020
1. SUNLITE MX Juvenile Saddle – Most affordable BMX seat
The first best BMX seat in our list is the SUNLITE MX Juvenile Saddle, primarily because it is by far, the most affordable saddle you can get for your BMX bike. Despite the low cost, it does not compromise on the quality. The cover is made up of waterproof vinyl, which is extremely durable against wear and tear and is comfortable on the bottom-side.
Without worrying too much about the saddle cover fading or peeling, riders can drive however they want to. Moreover, the installation of this saddle is simple and easy with the help of the mounting hardware. Users can install the seat by themselves in a matter of minutes, as the mounting hardware comes with nuts, bolt, and a clamp.
- Available in black, white, and purple color
- Heavily padded with a waterproof vinyl coating
- Measures 9″ length x 5.5″ width
- Easy installation with mounting hardware
- Does not come with a seat post
- Designed mainly for juveniles
2) VELO 250290 BMX Gel Saddle – Most comfortable BMX seat
This BMX gel saddle is manufactured by one of the top BMX saddle brands, i.e., Velo. To begin with, the saddle is dual-coated, which marginally increases the comfort levels as compared to other saddles. The double layers provide excellent protection on the seat and the rear side, thereby strengthening the seat’s longevity.
The saddle is composed of the high-quality gel material, which is sturdy, long-lasting, and provides softness to the overall seat. Paired with the double-coating fabric, the seat feels like a good cushion to the bottom of the rider, and so users can ride freely for hours without sporting a sore afterward.
It comes in matte black color and can easily fit on all standard BMX bikes. Ideally, this saddle is perfect for freestyle and dirt riding.
- Padded with high-grade gel material
- Double-layered leather coating provides maximum protection and cushion
- Perfect for BMX bikes sized less than 26″
- Durable and very soft to the bottom of the rider
- Easy fitting and affordable
- The seat clamp is not included
- Not suitable for larger-sized bikes
3) Mangoose BMX Seat – Best shockproof BMX seat
The third spot in our list features another all-rounder BMX seat by the trusted and the top-quality brand, Mangoose. Famous for having designed various high-grade BMX auto-parts, the Mangoose BMX seat brings remarkable comfort to the rider.
Mangoose BMX seat is actively favorable amongst all BMX bike riders because the saddle is heavily padded with foam to excessively increase the softness. This fact allows the riders to ride for hours without feeling uncomfortable for even a moment. Additionally, the foam padding is coated with vinyl material.
High-quality, tough vinyl material is the best choice for BMX bikes to withstand daily usage of hours, without peeling or fading the outer layer. Mangoose BMX bikes are available in two stylish colors; white and blue. Mangoose has fashioned the design craftily to look dashing on a BMX bike.
Importantly, this BMX seat contains rear bumpers that can save the riders against bumps and shock impacts. This feature is not available in many BMX seats out there, and therefore is another reason for it being a favorite pick for BMX bike enthusiasts.
The rear bumper prevents one from the rise and falls and facilitates a smoother ride than the ones without the bumper. Perfect to be fitted into most standard BMX bikes, this is our concluding top-choice for BMX seats.
- Comes with a rear bumper
- Available in stylish blue and black color
- Padded with foam and covered with vinyl
- Avoids falls and spills due to rear bumpers
- Immensely comfortable to sit on
- Gets dirty very easily
- Convenient for shorter rides only
Purchasing the right saddle for your new or old BMX setup is challenging if you are shopping for the first time. There are several factors to keep in mind when deciding which one to purchase. In this guide, we will briefly cover the factors that need to be considered.
If you are not already aware of it, you need to have basic knowledge of the fitment types. The fitment refers to the manner a BMX seat fits into the seat post.
1) Standard: A metallic tube sliding into the seat tube with the seat clamp to secure.
2) Integrated: The seat post and the seat come with a single unit in this fitment type.
3) Railed: Similar to a road bike, it has a pair of rails under the seat with a twin bolt clamp.
4) Pivotal: The new standard of the town; this one has multiple grooves to fit the saddle in and secured by a single bolt.
5) Tripod: This fitment has a triangular plate with three support points.
After having a basic knowledge of the fitment type to suit your BMX, you need to check the saddle’s durability and comfort. A nylon covering is the best, whereas Kevlar is even better but more expensive.
The last two specs include width measurement (whether it will support you buttocks or not) and the bumpers’ presence. Bumps are significant for BMX bikes because it protects against shock, and helps neutralize the impact.
Top 10 BMX Brands
- SE Racing
- Giddy Up
- BW (This is a kids bicycle. Please check if correct or not. https://www.amazon.com/BW-Bicycles-Kids-Seat-Replacement/dp/B07FCYWZNX/ref=sr_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=bmx+seat&qid=1602225843&sr=8-11)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1) How to take care of the saddle?
A coating material can be cleaned in different ways. For instance, for a leather coating, you can rub the saddle with a moist cloth and dry it in a cool place (away from moisture or direct sunlight)
2) Do all BMX saddles come with a seat post or seat clamp?
It is recommended to check the specifications before making the purchase. Many BMX seats do not come with a seat post, while others may not even include the clamp.
3) How do I install a seat on the BMX frame?
The mounting hardware that comes with the seat can be used to assemble the saddle on the frame. Users refer to YouTube videos and pictures to fix the saddle.
This was all about the top 3 BMX seats available in the market. It is crucial to choose a seat that provides the highest comfort levels, or else you won’t be able to ride your BMX for a long time. Apart from that, it is also necessary to select a good quality saddle so that it doesn’t tear away quickly.
We hope that our review of products and the buying guide will go a long way in helping you choose the best saddle.
Which one was your favorite? Do let us know in the comments.
- Best BMX Bike Brands 2020
- Best BMX Bikes 2020
- Best BMX Helmets (& Brands) 2020
- Best BMX Shoes (& Brands) 2020
Hi, I’m Mike, working as a content strategist at BMX Brand Guide. I’m in love with BMX since childhood when my parents bought me a bicycle. Since then, I have been exploring them and is a first-hand witness of how BMX has evolved. I have been sharing my expertise and knowledge with the public through this site.